Tanya Dempsey is a self-taught painter, born and raised in Dublin, Ireland.
She has exhibited in Dublins Kennedy & Davis Gallerys, and has attracted commissions from private and corporate clients such as:
- Davy Byrnes Pub
- The Dublin Aids Alliance
- Cardiac Services Ltd
- Chris Ryan Solicitors
- The Botanic Gardens
- Retro, St Georges Arcade
- Le Parc Bistro
- St Michaels Musical Society
- The Mary Immaculate Parish Inchicore
- The Hands of Light Center
- Just Drapes Interiors
- Seven Towers Theatre Company
- Blackbox Theatre Company
- Transatlantic Theatre Company
She has worked on a broad range of projects, which include designing and painting large scale works such as:
- A 6 foot x 9 foot Mural for the front of Davy Byrnes Pub, while boarded up during the 2020 Co-Vid Lockdown.
- The 20 foot x 40 foot backdrop, for the set of The Transatlantic Theatre Companys production of 'Casement' which featured in The Belfast Theatre Festival.
- Several 6 foot x 8 foot publicity billboards for St Michaels Musical Society's productions of Cole Porters 'Anything Goes' and 'Guys and Dolls',
at the Rupert Guinness Theatre.
- A 7 foot x 7 foot polystyrene 'moon', for the set of Seven Towers Theatre Companys production of 'The Bleeding Moon', based on the autobiography 'The Moon on my back' By legendary Irish AIDS Activist, poet and writer Pat Tierney (RIP).
- A 10 foot x 14 foot Mural in the old Drop in Centre Cafe, Dublin Aids Alliance.
While capturing the intricate architectural detail of some of the most famous buildings and landmarks in much smaller works from Dublin's Christ Church to Belfast's Queens University, One highlight has been formally presenting, by invitation, her painting of 'The Old Adelaide Hospital', to the Adelaide Society, Tallaght Hospital, Dublin.
She also had the honour of having her illustration of William Shakespeare published in Oxford writer Tom McDonnell's book 'Sweete Wittie Soules - Shakespeare's connections to Oxford Town, Gown & Shire', which was launched at the Oxford Shakespeare Jubilee Festival.